Explore Time Timer® in Special Needs
The key to empowerment.
There’s a world of difference between looking at a clock and being able to say that it’s 3 o’clock and understanding “how long” 5 minutes is. For those who learn differently, this type of abstract thinking is even more difficult and often creates a high level of anxiety.
Recommended by Autism and ADHD experts, the Time Timer displays the passage of time with a disappearing red disk. This is a powerful tool for visual thinkers of all ages and abilities.
Parents, therapists, specialists and other professionals have used Time Timer with individuals of all ages and ability.
Adults and children with learning disabilities & ADHD:
Use the Time Timer anywhere to help “manage life” and develop a reliable internal clock.
Break big challenges into small tasks.
- Eases stressful transitions by showing “how much longer” and “here’s what ‘5 more minutes’ really means.”
- Encourages confidence, independence and natural talents like visual thinking.
- Shows when challenging activities will end: “Let’s go shopping for 30 minutes.”
- Helps visitors and new caregivers stick to the family routine.
- Use the Time Timer anywhere to help “manage life” and develop a reliable internal clock.
- Break big challenges into small tasks.
- See at a glance how much time is left with no disruptive alarm.
- Keep sessions focused and on track, and manage time in between sessions to document notes.
- Monitor timed responses to assist with
What people Are Saying:
“Our daughter Cathie received the Time Timer today and it is a great success. Her little boy who is six and has Asperger’s Syndrome knew straight away how it worked, while Cathie was still trying to figure it out! Alex has great trouble knowing how much time has elapsed and the visual movement of the time passing is an enormous help to him.”
“I just wanted to congratulate you on an excellent product which, like all the best inventions, is ingeniously simple! I work in the area of Intellectual Disability (Mental Retardation) and have seen the benefits of your product when appropriately used. One patient, in particular, has had a major improvement in his quality of life as a result of your product. Keep up the good work!”
“My 3.5 year old and I are really enjoying our regular timer. I can see how it’s helping her learn the concept of elapsed time and deadlines. As an adult with ADD who has been chronically late her entire life, I can also say that the visual depiction of time is helping me!”
“I have seven students (six with Autism and one who has Downs Syndrome). I like using the Time Timer with my students because it does not disturb the others, some of whom are extremely noise sensitive.”
– Special Education Classroom Teacher
“Thank you for such a wonderful and useful product. My son has Autism and has found this to be a very useful resource. Today I ordered another desktop timer and a pocket timer. My son has been taking the timer to school, the class teacher has said that there has been a dramatic improvement in my son’s ability to do and complete activities.”